06/26/2019 | Chester, NY
Repro-Med Systems, Inc., operating as RMS Medical Products, is a leading developer and manufacturer of medical devices and supplies. RMS designs, manufactures and markets proprietary and innovative portable medical devices and supplies, primarily for the ambulatory infusion market and emergency medical applications, in compliance with the FDA quality and regulatory system and international standards for quality system management. The Company’s development and marketing focus is primarily concentrated on (i) its mechanical infusion products, the FREEDOM Infusion Systems (as used with one or more accessories, the “FREEDOM System”) which include the ™FREEDOM60® Syringe Driver (“FREEDOM60”), the FreedomEdge® Syringe Driver (“FreedomEdge”), HIgH-Flo Subcutaneous Safety Needle Sets™, RMS Precision Flow Rate Tubing™and RMS Precision Flow Rate Controller, and (ii) its medical suction product, RES-Q-VAC® Portable Medical Suction System (“RES-Q-VAC”). The Company was incorporated in the State of New York in March 1980. The company maintains offices, manufacturing facilities, and warehouse space in Chester, New York. www.rmsmedicalproducts.com
The associate director of engineering plans, leads, organizes, and directs R&D and engineering capital and personnel in a timely and cost-effective manner to satisfy customer needs and meet company objectives for design, new product development and improvement of existing product lines by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates. And, to aid in the research of other companies and their products and identify potential opportunities through acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances or other potential business relationships. This position must always follow Company and Quality systems and comply with all regulatory and safety guidelines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides strategic and tactical direction to the product development and engineering functions to accomplish the Company’s strategic plans and objectives in the development and improvement of products.
- Plans and formulates aspects of research and development proposals such as objective or purpose of project, applications that can be used from findings, costs of project, and equipment and human resource requirements.
- Coordinates and facilitates activities and commitments with other departments and/or functions.
- Develops and tracks project schedules.
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis. Plans documentation system.
- Staffs, trains, coaches, and supervises staff, including administering corrective action policy and reviewing performance of department employees.
- Develops, determines and implements policies, procedures and programs.
- Selects correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement for existing ones.
- Reviews and analyzes proposals submitted to determine if benefits derived and possible applications justify expenditures.
- Approves and submits proposals considered feasible to management for consideration and allocation of funds or allocates funds from the department budget.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of records of expenditures and research findings, progress reports, and staff conferences to inform management of current status of each project.
- Working with the manufacturing, operations and quality manager, reviews and monitors quality and process improvements and new product development.
- Directs the review of production costs and product quality and modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of division.
- Reviews operations and plans to meet requirements for sales planning and to ascertain engineering requirements to develop new markets.
- Directs preparation of accounting records for budgetary, production efficiency or other such purposes.
- Recommends budgets to management, including staff use, technology, facility and equipment requirements or improvements.
- Negotiates contracts with consulting firms to perform research or other applicable studies or support.
- Directs appropriate support for manufacturing and quality functions within the organization.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in a technology-related field. Engineering degrees preferred
- Proven record of testing of devices a must
- Ideally, 10-15 years engineering experience with typically 5-8 years in program management, and similar roles
- Experience in the medical device or other regulated industry a plus
- Experience designing and creating test and production fixtures desirable
- Good understanding of R&D and manufacturing processes
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Extremely detail orientated with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to concurrently manage multiple projects and priorities
- Strong organizational, project management, and motivational skills
- Must be a self-starter, efficient and multi-task
- Work with little oversight
- Demonstrate great teamwork and ability to adjust to changing environment
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore, employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
RMS Medical Products provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
All positions offer opportunity for advancement. If you have the skills and are seeking a challenging growth opportunity, please e-mail your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com or fax to 845-469-5518.
RMS offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, LTD and 401(k).